Join us to grow flying disc sports in Hong Kong!
Flying Disc Federation of Hong Kong, China (HKFDF) is one of the listed National Sports Associations subvented by Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD), aiming to promote Flying Disc development in Hong Kong. The position will play a key role in overseeing the administration of Flying Disc events and supporting communication with internal/external bodies and the LCSD.
Flying Disc Federation of Hong Kong, China is recruiting an Administrative Assistant to cope with its development.
Overall: Be part of the team that grows the community of members playing flying disc sports in Hong Kong.
- To assist the team in running training programs, community beginner sessions, leagues, and competitions. Including booking venues, confirming registrations, managing volunteers, arranging logistics, recruiting participants, on-site support and follow-up.
- Administrative support to report expenses, track payments, track attendance, and gather feedback from events.
Community and Communication
- Help organize local community flying disc events
- Advocate for the community benefits of flying disc sports and sports in general
- Communicate with different stakeholders such as schools and NGOs
- To promote flying disc sports to the community, to the media, and grow awareness of our organization through traditional and digital channels.
- Use a multi-channel approach (social media, EDM, networking, website calendar) to grow the community of participants and spectators for disc programmes.
- Responsible for financial accounts of the association including: monthly management reports, expense reports, payroll reports, income reports, and preparing a statement of account for auditing
- Maintain the membership system and keep information up to date
- Oversee the purchase, inventory, and sales of equipment associated with disc sports
- Attend report on contents and results from regular meetings with stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as required
- Provide administrative support to the team and directors of HKFDF
- A Diploma from a registered post-secondary college issued after the date of its registration/an accredited Associate Degree from a Hong Kong tertiary institution/a Higher Diploma from a polytechnic university or polytechnic in Hong Kong or Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education or equivalent.
- Grade E / Level 2 or above in 5 subjects including English (Syllabus B) and Chinese in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, or Level 2 or above in five subjects including English and Chinese in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination, or equivalent
Remark: Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) is recognized as equivalent to Grade E in English Language
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
Who we’re looking for
- Self-starter, Independently motivated
- Has experienced handling accounts and accounting duties
- Has experience with CRM systems or membership management systems Is a good teammate, on and off the field
- Active and passionate about sport
- Experience in school sports promotion and events is a plus
- Is comfortable with working irregular or non-traditional hours in outdoor environments (additional compensation leave will be awarded when applicable)
Why Join HKFDF?
- Monthly salary: $16,824
- Active Lifestyle - not your typical desk job! Get to be outdoors and have an active career
- Opportunity to build a community and promote a new sport in Hong Kong
- Gain experience in multidisciplinary fields - marketing / event management / project management / community building
- Strong support network
- Flexible working hours
- Medical Insurance / MPF / Annual Leave
*This post is subvented by the LCSD.
How to Apply
Apply in sending full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/7/2023.
Please prefix “Application for the position of Administrative Assistant” clearly on the title.
“Collected personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only.”
Date posted: 13/6/2023